Annual physical exams for your pet's wellness
We recommend Annual Exams for your pets, for many reasons.
- We really, really like to see your pet's smiling (or not so smiling face)
- Pets age more "years" in a calendar year then just one year. Assessing your pet's good health is one way to help catch many of the age related diseases before they even start.
- Cats and dogs are older adults by 5 years of age and Senior citizens when they are only 7!!
- We really, really like to see your pet's happy face!!
Vaccinations and parasite prevention
Vaccinations are important to help protect your pet against potentially deadly diseases that are avoidable! How super cool is this! Vaccinations are amazing in the health benefits they have provided us with.
Most of our patients (your fuzzy muffins) are farm dogs and cats that have access to all kinds of outdoor smorgasbord of delights (delightful for our pets only. I don't know about you, but some of the stuff my cat drags in are gross!!). Deworming your pet at regular intervals will help keep the creepy, crawly, eww factor to a minimum.
Nutrition and weight management
Nutrition for our pets is dependent on their life stage. We have many different solutions for managing proper nutrition in pets. We use whatever tools are available. Food is medicine and we will help you make this work
- Food as medicine
- Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine and food guidelines
- Food Allergies and Intolerance
- Home made food (Yes! You can!)
Pet obesity continues to be a growing problem, affecting the majority of US dogs and cats. Research conducted in 2015 by the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention (APOP) found that approximately 58 percent of cats and 54 percent of dogs were overweight or obese.
These numbers reflect a "growing" problem in our pets. We have many tools for weight loss for both cat and dogs. (HINT: It's not the same for both of them!!)